Uranus is creating a blockchain-based platform that provides cost-effective and decentralized computing services.
Learn more: https://crushcrypto.com/uranus-ico-review/
Project website: https://uranus.io
White paper: https://uranus.io/static/Uranus-Technical-WhitePaper-EN-V2.7.pdf
Download the PDF version of the presentation: https://crushcrypto.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/CrushCrypto-ICO-Review-Uranus-URAC.pdf
Join the official Crush Crypto Telegram channel for our latest publications and updates: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAESrVCwzd19x1DvDOQ
Download the free ICO Guide which contains 6 simple steps for analyzing any ICOs to find the winning projects: https://crushcrypto.com/youtube/
Note: This is not a paid review. We do not offer promotional or advertising services. Our content is based on our own research, analysis and personal opinion.
What does the company/project do?
Uranus is creating a blockchain-based platform that provides efficient, cost-effective and decentralized computing services for its users. It aims to tackle the issues facing current public cloud solutions, including data security risk, lack of flexibility, difficulty in migration, and high cost.
To do this, the team proposes to leverage redundant computing power around the world using scalable public blockchain and distributed container technology.
The platform will ideally scale to hundreds of thousands of computing power contributors, application developers and resource users. Their goal is to attract over 500,000 resource contributors and resource users by Q1 2019.
Any distributed node can be used as Uranus nodes, including computers, PCs, servers, set top boxes, embedded terminals, IoT nodes, mobile terminals, etc. Uranus will function as a BaaS (Blockchain as a Service) and provide one-click deployment and application supermarkets for other nodes on the chain.
What are the tokens used for and how can token holders make money?
The URAC token is the network’s native token and is used to purchase computing power, govern the ecosystem, gain voting power, and elect validators. The token will be used to incentivize various users of the platform.
URAC will leverage various mechanisms such as Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS), Byzantine Fault Tolerance (BFT), and Proof-of-Contribution (PoC). For example, Uranus utilizes PoC to schedule computing power containers; machines with a higher contribution value are more likely to be scheduled and allocated to users, and therefore, can earn more tokens.
URAC tokens should appreciate in value as more participants join and use the network which is in turn driven by factors such as the availability and pricing of computing power, processing speed, security, etc.
- Strong team from a technical perspective with expertise in open source technology, cloud computing, containers, virtualization and blockchain technology. According to their whitepaper, the team has created products that have been successfully commercialized and used by the top 20 corporations, military and government markets.
- There are many potential use cases for large computing projects based on distributed computing, such as weather analysis, machine learning, and edge computing.
- The global public cloud market is growing rapidly. According to a Garner research report cited by the team, the market has grown from $68 billion in 2010 to $307 billion in 2017 and is projected to surpass $383 billion by 2020.
- The development roadmap is rather vague and doesn’t provide a lot of specifics on technical milestones or actual business development strategy.
- Competition from centralized public clouds (i.e. Amazon, Microsoft, AliCloud, etc.) and other blockchain solutions that are also trying to provide low-cost, decentralized computing services. Other blockchain players that may compete with them in one way or another include Golem, SOMN, Hadron, Akash Network, Hyper Network, Rchain, Ankr Network, etc.
- No MVP yet until the end of September.
- DPoS is not a very decentralized consensus mechanism.
The information in this video is for educational purposes only and is not investment advice. Please do your own research before making any investment decisions. Cryptocurrency investments are volatile and high risk in nature. Don't invest more than what you can afford to lose. Crush Crypto makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contained in this video or any sites linked to or from this video.